Share Content
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+
  • Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly

Background

03/Mar/2020 00:00:00

 

 

Aden refinery previously called British Petroleum Co. ( B.P. ) was built in 1954 to satisfy the requirement for fuel bunker supplied to vessels in the Aden harbour. The designed capacity was 120,000 BPSD which was increased to 150,000 BPSD in the 1960s.

In May 1977 B.P.  handed over the refinery to the government of Yemen. Since that date the refinery operates under the name of Aden Refinery Company (ARC). In accordance of law number 15 for 1977.